Focus Area - Economic Empowerment
UBA Foundation aims to make sustainable improvements in the lives of the needy and under-privileged by supporting entrepreneurship programmes which benefit the community at large, i.e. social entrepreneurship schemes. UBA Foundation also sponsors several skills acquisition and empowerment conferences, workshops and seminars, such as:
- Part-sponsorship of the 7th Annual Celebrations and Entrepreneurial Awards of Fate Foundation, a private sector led non-profit initiative with a vision to foster the establishment of 5,000 businesses and the creation of employment for at least 50,000 Nigerians by 2015.
- Part-sponsorship of the 2007 Conference of Women In Management and Business (WIMBIZ), an NGO formed in 2002 to improve the success rate of female entrepreneurs and the proportion of women making it into senior positions in corporate organizations.
- Partnership with the Initiative for Peace Empowerment and Tolerance (IPET) to hold economic empowerment workshops and other projects, involving training and equipping traders with skills aimed at raising their standard of living.
- Part-sponsorship of activities lined up by UNICEF Nigeria to commemorate World AIDS Day, a day set aside by the United Nations to create awareness of the importance of caring for children infected and affected by HIV and AIDS as well as raise funds for children living with HIV/AIDS.
Economic Empowerment Projects
- Part-sponsorship of the 7th Annual Celebrations and Entrepreneurial Awards of Fate Foundation.
- Part-sponsorship of the 2007 Conference of Women In Management and Business (WIMBIZ)