There is no
doubt that our behaviour at work reflects on our colleagues and organization;
therefore we need to develop appropriate work ethics, and a respectable moral
Here are some tips to help you achieve success in the
- Your job is undoubtedly important therefore treat it as such.
Always attempt to perform to the best of your ability. Constantly learn
about your industry and try to stay ahead of the curve to gain a
competitive advantage. Put in extra
hours if you must but also be aware of your own capabilities.
- Always be on the look-out for ways to improve the lot of everyone
rather than just yourself. Think in terms of ‘we’ rather than ‘I’. You are part of a team and should fit in and be a part effectively and
- Try to spread a little happiness along the way and refrain from
the infamous office gossip. Stick up for the under-dog and a genuine
compliment to a colleague can surely brighten up their day.
- Dress smart and try to set good examples for your colleagues.
Maintain high standards and put in the hours. Try not to sleep at work or
look for love. You are there to
work, get on with it.
- Be kind to your colleagues and encourage them. Don’t assume they know what you mean.
- Always speak your mind or ask questions. There are no
awards for being work-shy.