By Afolake Solomon
Cooking is art that many enjoy. Here are 16 tips that will make the art of cooking even more enjoyable.
- Mincing Garlic: This is a sticky business, but all you need do is throw in a pinch of salt and the stickiness recedes
- Apples Colour: Douse your cut apples in vinegar or salty water to maintain its bright colours
- Peeling / slicing Onions: sometimes could be irritating to the eyes and nose. Reduce the irritation by chilling the onions before slicing
- Veggies: Cucumber, celery, carrots are vegetables that are healthy and great for your bowels as well as whitening your teeth. Always wash your veggies under running water, before cutting to ensure they are germ free. Also, always cook your vegetables and reheat food at low heat to retain its nutrients.
- Limestone/ Lime/ Vinegar: This is a good oil- breaking agent ensuring an oil-free wash as well as stops fermentation processes
- Fish: To ensure you enjoy your fish fat-free, try grilling, instead of frying
- Sweet Potatoes: Yellow potatoes are rich in estrogen and inclusion in diet is advised for someone trying for a baby
- Extracting Citrus Juice: Try rolling it between your palms or on a countertop, before cutting off the top and giving it a squeeze to extract its juice.
- Pasta: Always cook your pasta using a pot twice as big as the portion to be cooked
- Quick Clean-Up: Cleaning up the kitchen after cooking could be quite daunting, make it easy by hooking a plastic bag around the faucet head in your kitchen sink to bin potatoes peel, sliced off melon rinds, etc.