Located in the heart of the City of London, United Bank for Africa (UK) Limited exploits its unique geographical reach to support and facilitate the international movement of goods and capital between Africa and its trading partners.
Secure, quick, reliable, seamless, cost-effective
UBA UK received authorisation to commence wholesale banking operations on 19th March 2018.
Group & Country Achievements
A Statement From The Group Managing Director/CEO
Our strategic intent is to be the leading financial services institution in Africa. Our corporate statement focuses on how we intend to drive this; the statement ‘Excellent Services… Delivered’ demonstrates the required focus on our customer regardless of sector or segment.
To further re-enforce this, we have introduced a new set of company values – Enterprise, Excellence and Execution. These values drive the behaviour of over 20,000 direct and support staff across the globe in our organization.
As GMD/CEO of this trusted bank, my focus is on ensuring we:
- – Place the customer first always
- – Work with motivated and productive people; and
- – Consistently create value for all our stakeholders
UBA is Africa’s global bank and our promise is to continue to work hard to remain relevant in a fast and changing world. Having the right technology, channels and platforms to deliver the ease of banking to all our customers regardless of size or objective. We want to be the bank for generations, both young and old alike.– Kennedy Uzoka
We have a very clear vision – to be the best bank for customers. Our support of businesses continues to be recognised by many of the leading publications within the financial services industry.
A truly pan-African bank, with operations in 20 African countries. UBA has a unique and scalable platform to take full advantage of growth opportunities in all sector of the African economy.
The United Bank for Africa (UBA Group):
• is the bank with the largest earning diversification and footprint across the African continent.
• has full scale exposure to key growth sector of the African economy, consumers, commodities and infrastructure.
• meets costumers global transaction needs through its presence in London, New York and Paris.
• serves over 14 million customers through 2 of the most revered diverse channels in Africa.
UBA has a moderate risk appetite, with a good balance between profitability and sustainability
• enhanced risk management and control framework with clear definition of risk appetite.
• well diversified loan books with compelling quality ratios 4.2% NPL (global) with adequate coverage and 1.2% cost of risk.
• minimum exposure to volatile sector and segment of the market.
• strong governance structure and oversight with zero tolerance for regulatory and internal policy infractions.