Our Global Locations
For answers to your banking queries simply visit out knowledge center using the button below
Focus Area - Education
UBA Foundation believes that the future of Africa lies in her youth. For this reason, UBA Foundation is actively involved in facilitating educational projects and bridging the literacy-wide gap on a pan-African scale. The Education First Program Area is the umbrella arm of UBA Foundation that guarantees this initiative. The Education First program is geared at stimulating the quest for sound knowledge and arming educational institutions/organizations with support or resources to meet various learning needs. The projects under the Education First program strategically focus on certain crucial areas which include:
- Rehabilitation of schools.
- Building of hostels.
- Adult literacy programmes.
- Entrepreneurial and job skills training.
- Financial literacy.
- Provision/construction of Information, Communication Technology Centers [ICTs].
- Training of teachers.
- Training of students.
UBA Foundation also collaborates with and sponsors institutions who share the same ideals to improve this sector of Nigeria’s socio-economic landscape. Projects that the Foundation has been involved with include:
- Financial support to an Education Sector Reform project (for training eight (8) consultants in the Federal Capital Territory) set up by the Federal Ministry of Education, Nigeria.
- Collaboration with Narita Learning Centre and renowned Child Expert /Psychologist, Derek Jackson, to provide the latest expert advice to school administrators, teachers and parents on Parenting and child-raising skills.
- Collaboration with McCrae & Co. an educational consultation outfit, to provide a ‘Study Technology’ workshop organized to assist public school teachers to acquire new learning techniques and methodologies.
- Partnership with LEAD Resources to facilitate the First Ogun State Women Leaders and Entrepreneurs Conference
- Partnership with The Nigerian Leadership Initiative to raise awareness on the organization’s efforts towards good governance and value re-orientation.
- Partnership with The Lagos State Educational Award for Educational Excellence to provide awards to students and schools deserving of recognition for exceptional academic performance.
Some Educational Projects
- Building and equipping of an ICT centre at the University of Benin, Edo State
- Building of a 'Hall of Fame' with full conferencing facilities at the University of Nigeria-Nsukka, Enugu State
- Coaster Buses donated to The Nnamdi Azikiwe University and The Niger -Delta University.
- Construction of an ICT Centre at the Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba- Akoko, Ondo State ( work in progress)
- Construction of a hostel in the University of Port Harcourt (work in progress).
- Building and equipping an E-Learning Centre at the University of Ilorin, Kwara State