- UBA shall use personal information to provide you with better customer services and products.
- All UBA Group of companies, staff and all third parties with permitted access to your information are specifically required to observe our confidentiality obligations.
- UBA collects personal information that we believe to be relevant and required to understand your financial needs and to conduct our business.
- UBA may pass your personal information to other UBA Group of companies, subsidiaries or agents, as permitted by law.
- We maintain strict security systems designed to prevent unauthorised access to your personal information by anyone, including our staff.
- UBA may be required from time to time to disclose your personal information to Governmental or judicial bodies or agencies or our regulators, but we will only do so under proper authority.
- At United Bank for Africa Plc and Group of companies (hereinafter referred to as 'the Bank'), security is our top priority and we always strive to ensure that your personal data shall be protected against unauthorised or accidental access. We maintain this commitment to data security by implementing appropriate physical, electronic and managerial measures to safeguard and secure your personal data with us.
- Our web servers are protected behind "firewalls" and our systems are monitored to prevent any unauthorised access. We will not send personal information to you by ordinary email. As the security of ordinary email cannot be guaranteed, you should only send email to us using the secure email facility on our website.
- All practical steps shall be taken to ensure that personal data will not be kept longer than necessary and that the Bank will comply with all statutory and regulatory requirements concerning the retention of personally identifiable information.
- Our commitment to Data Security is paramount to us at UBA. Your personally identifiable information is kept secure. Only authorized members of staff, agents and contractors (who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential) have access to this information.
- UBA and its customers shall play an important role in protecting against online fraud. You should be careful that your bank account details including your User ID and/or Password are not compromised by ensuring that you do not knowingly or accidentally share, provide or facilitate unauthorised use of it. Do not share your User ID and/or password or allow access or use of it by others. UBA endeavours to put in place high standards of security to protect your interests.
- You should safeguard your unique User ID and Password by keeping it secret and confidential. Never write them down or share these details with anyone. In the event that you think and or know your User ID and/or password has been disclosed to a third party, is lost or stolen and unauthorised transactions may have been conducted, you are responsible to inform us immediately.
Collection of Personal Information
- Use of "cookies” Your visit to this site may be recorded for analysis on the number of visitors to the site and general usage patterns. Some of this information will be gathered through the use of "cookies". Cookies are small bits of information that are automatically stored on a person's web browser in their computer that can be retrieved by this site. Should you wish to disable these cookies you may do so by changing the setting on your browser.
- The Site may use cookie and tracking technology depending on the features offered. Cookie and tracking technology are useful for gathering information such as browser type and operating system, tracking the number of visitors to the Site, and understanding how visitors use the Site.
- Cookies can also help customize the Site for visitors. Personal information cannot be collected via cookies and other tracking technology; however, if you previously provided personally identifiable information, cookies may be tied to such information. Aggregate cookie and tracking information may be shared with third parties.
Privacy Contact Information
By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
By Phone: +234 1 700 2255 822, +234 1 280 8822,
By Fax: +234 1 2644760