We have a very clear vision – to be the best bank for customers. Our support of businesses continues to be recognised by many of the leading publications within the financial services industry.
Funding liquidity and capital
• Strong 70% stable CASA Funding
• Relatively low 3.7% cost of fund.
• Head room for lower Cof on growing retail African penetration.
• Liquid balance sheet to take advantage of emerging opportunities
• Adequate BASEL II CAR of20%
Asset Creation And Control
• Over 3trillion balance sheet size
• Focused loan exposure to lower risk corporate and commercial market.
• Bouquet and holistic financial solution to regional businesses
• Target to formalize the unbanked > USD30bn intra African trade
• RoaE of 1.0%, ahead of peer average
• Notable upside to NIM, as asset yield rises an CoF moderates.
• Moderating CIR of 59% benign outlook
• Profitability target built on sustainability and long term value creation.
We are Building Africa for the Future
US $1.2 billion
UBA led a consortium of local banks to facilitate a syndicated facility for a joint venture between the National Oil Company in Nigeria, NNPC and a major international oil company
Oil and gas financing deal with Societe Africaine de Ragfinage (SAR) of Senegal which underscored its capacity to fund big ticket transactions across Africa
US $315 million
Facility to the government of Ghana for road projects on the strength of road fund levies domiciled with UBA Ghana.
US $180 million
Facility to Delta Energy Zambia for the procurement and supply of petroleum products to marketing companies in Zambia
US $ 250 million
Crude prepayment facility for Democratic Republic of Congo-based Orion Oil representing the largest reported transaction structured by an African Investment bank in 2015 involving fresh capital within the African market.
US $90 million
University of Dakar hostel construction project financed solely by UBA Senegal – African capital, building African infrastructure for African education.