Out with the old, in with the new
Check it out!
UBA’s new internet banking platform is not only now more secure, but it also helps you plan out your expenses better by automating a host of services which you perform on a monthly basis.
The best part in all this is that you can now register yourself using your debit card!
With new phishing tactics and data harvesting evolving on the world wide web, we have included this feature to keep your money safe, no matter what.
Now you can make up to 30 payments per screen to beneficiaries already saved in your history – at the touch of a button!
Take a quick look back at the payments you made in the last X days.
So you don’t have to keep filling the same information in every month, simply save your recurring payments into a template and initiate them with the click of a button in future.
Can’t make it to the branch yourself? Send an instruction on the platform and authorize a 3rd party to pick it up for you.
Top up your mobile phones and those of your loved ones
Account Monitoring: Monitor activities on your accounts, view your loans, etc.
Send money to your other UBA account or someone else’s account in UBA or other Banks. Standing Order is also available.
Pay bills – utility, Pay TV, subscriptions, etc.
24-Hour Availability: Access to your account is round-the-clock – no weekends, no public holidays.
Get best flights and pay directly from your account.
Customize your User ID, your nickname, etc. it is all about you.
Proof of transfer or payment can be printed for all your transactions.
Access to your account is protected with best-in-class technology. You are also notified whenever there is any log-in/attempted log-in to your profile
— Active Account
— Internet enabled devices (computer, tablets, smart phones)
— Completed enrollment form/web form
— Executed Indemnity (for higher transaction limits up to N5m for individuals and N100m for Corporate users)
— Information provided on the enrollment form must match what we have in our records
— Daily limits for Individual – N200k (for SMS OTP), N1m (with Secure Pass without indemnity) and N5m (with Secure Pass & executed indemnity). N2.5m per transaction is allowed for individual users with indemnity.
— SMS OTP is only available to individual users (Corporate users can only use Secure Pass)
— Daily limits for Corporate – N10m (with Secure Pass without indemnity) and N100m (with Secure Pass & executed indemnity). N50m per transaction is allowed for Corporate users with indemnity
Foreign Currency Transfer
• Beneficiary’s details – name, account number and full contact address (not P.O. Box).
• Purpose of transfer.
• Beneficiary’s bank details – bank name, address, swift code (IBAN no./chips, sort code, and bank number, if available).
• Your Hard Token/Secure Pass.
• Go to ibank.ubagroup.com.
• Sign in with your user ID and password.
• Choose who bears the correspondent bank charge. This is the processing fee charged by the Beneficiary’s bank for the service rendered and is not controlled by UBA. Select ‘Sender to bear’ or ‘Beneficiary to bear’.
• Select Transfer Type – by default, the transfer type is Swift Transfer but you have an option of selecting Draft.
• Choose account to debit – note that only your Domiciliary Account(s) will show here. It is compulsory that your selected account is in the same currency you wish to transfer. The system does not allow cross-currency transfer – this, however, does not mean that the Beneficiary cannot receive the funds in other currencies. In other words, only Dollars can be transferred from Dollar accounts, Pounds from Pound accounts and Euros from Euro accounts.
• Fill in Sender, Beneficiary and Bank’s Details (and Intermediate Bank, if applicable.
• Kindly state the purpose of the transfer clearly. General terms such as personal, official etc. are not acceptable. It must be stated clearly e.g. Payment for Toyota Car being imported, School fees for my daughter, etc.
• Review all details and click Transfer. At this stage, Terms & Conditions will be displayed to you. Read and, if satisfied, accept the Terms and proceed to transaction authentication page by clicking Agree (click Disagree only if you want to discontinue the transfer process).
• Input your Token code in the token field and click OK to authenticate the transaction. You will get a response “Successful: Transaction is sent for processing!” You will get telex copy of the transaction (if successful but if not, transaction declined notification and reason for decline)
Internet Banking is available to both Corporates and Retail Customers. You can carry out secure online transactions, payments of all types, and also monitor initiated transactions.
Internet Banking can be accessed from any internet-enabled devices – computer, laptop, smart phones etc. via https://ibank.ubagroup.com. For ease of access and use, you can download Internet Banking apps from stores
There are flexible options for enrolment/registration. They include:
- Instant Self-Registration – with your debit card, individual customers can start and finish enrolment from our Internet Banking login page https://ibank.ubagroup.com by clicking Instant Self-Registration button. It takes less than 2 Minutes to complete this process!
- Enrolment via account opening – Customers who visit the business office can be instantly enrolled on Internet Banking during the process of account opening.
- Enrolment through our Business Offices – Existing customers can walk into any of our Business Offices to fill a form to be enrolled on Internet Banking. New customers that request Corporate customers can also give instruction on their letterhead to RMs or Business Offices to enrol their desired users – there is no limit to the number of users who can be enrolled under a corporate user
Please confirm what limit is applicable to you. You may need to give an instruction and execute indemnity at any of our Business Office for higher limits
Except during scheduled maintenance periods, our internet banking platform can be accessed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and from anywhere in the world.
Click on forgot password option, input your USER ID and follow the prompts.
Your password must be minimum of six Characters and must be alphanumeric.
You can change your USER ID anytime you wish. Kindly click on My profile >>> Security settings >>> Update My User ID. Authenticate with Secure pass / Token and click submit.
Yes, you can use either your hard token or soft token to complete your transaction.
|Token Type||Indemnity in Place||Transaction value date||Per Tranx||Per Day|
|One Time Password (OTP)||N/A||Instant||200k||200k|
|Secure Pass(Hard/Soft)||Yes||NEFT/Clearing Session||5M||10M|
|Token Type||Indemnity in Place||Transaction value date||Business Segment||Per Tranx||Per Day|
|One Time Password (OTP)||N/A||N/A||–||N/A||N/A|
|Secure Pass(Hard/Soft)||No||Instant||All Segments||10M||10M|
|Secure Pass(Hard/Soft)||Yes||Instant||SME I||100M||100M|
|Secure Pass(Hard/Soft)||Yes||Instant||SME II||100M||500M|
|Secure Pass(Hard/Soft)||Yes||Instant||Meduyn Corporate||100M||1B|
|Secure Pass(Hard/Soft)||Yes||Instant||Large Corporation||100M||1B and Above|
|Secure Pass(Hard/Soft)||Yes||NEFT||All Segments||100M||100M|
On Internet Banking Home Page, https://ibank.ubagroup.com , please click on forgot your USER ID. Enter your account number, click submit and the USER ID will be sent to your registered e-mail address.
Yes, when you enrol for UBA’s Internet Banking Service, Internet Banking, You Can specify which accounts you want access to over the internet and can have access to all of them using one single user ID.
On Internet Banking Home Page, https://ibank.ubagroup.com , please click on forgot your password? Enter your Internet Banking USER ID on next screen and submit, then provide an answer to any security question set by you and a new password is automatically generated and sent to your registered email address.
Password expires after 1hr. You can still use the expired password to send a new password to yourself. On the Internet Banking site, input your UserID with the expired password and click on RESEND. A new password would be sent to you via phone and Email.
Getting started again is easy! Click forgot user ID? To retrieve your user ID, then, click forgot password? to retrieve your password. Now, you are good to go
Please click the link Internet Banking Quick Guide for more info. If you need further assistance, kindly contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Internet Banking is very secure, we have gone to great extent to protect you and your funds when using Internet Banking, you have two level authentication (password + token) available each time you transact on Internet Banking, we have also introduced an Image and Phrase Security feature to guard against phished site. In Addition, there’s the virtual keyboard for use on open networks and public spaces so that key loggers will not capture your details. Internet Banking is protected with the best-in-class security technology. To further protect your profile, do not share your credentials with anyone, do not
click on any suspicious link, when you are in doubt, always contact email@example.com
In Nigeria, all accounts use the NUBAN system, all accounts are 10 digits, your login credentials are in the PDF attached to the mail you received, the PDF has been pass-coded using the last 7 digits of ANY of your 10-digit account numbers with UBA Plc, as a hint, the last 3 digits of the account used is stated in the body of the e-mail you received.
If you desire a hard token, you can get it at any UBA Business Office and it costs 2,500 Naira. For more flexibility, U-Token is available for free in apps stores for download and instant activation for your transactions.
Yes, FX transfer is available to both Retail and Corporate Customers. Daily limit is $10,000 per day.
Your user id is your company’s name dot your first name. For example: OUTORILTD.AUGUSTA
- Bulk upload
- Bill payment
- Flight payment
- Statement download etc
Yes, Authorizers can use the Internet Banking App to authorize payments.
Yes, Excel, Txt and CSV (Comma-Separated Values).
Yes, you can.
The system supports multilevel approvals. You can specify the number of approvals for completing a transaction. The transaction will be processed once it has been approved by the final approver.
Yes, there is a maker checker process. The verifier authenticates what the initiator has uploaded and the Authorizer validates as the final approval.
Statements download is available in PDF, Excel, MT940 format.
No, there will be no need to login using token as a corporate user. Token verification is required during file upload validation, Transaction verification and final authorization.
The verifier and the Authorizer will receive a mail notification stating that there is a file awaiting verification/approval. Likewise, there is a notification button on the dashboard that shows the awaiting approval icon.
Customer can customer can click on ‘forgot UserID’ and input your account Number and your UserID will be sent an email to the registered Email Address.
There are different types of Bulk upload as seen below
A – Multiple debit, Multiple credit
B – Single Debit, Multiple credit.
C – NAPs Single Debit, Multiple Credits
D – NEFT
A – Multiple debit, Multiple credit – Maximum of 50 Transaction per upload
B – Single debit, Multiple credit – Maximum of 50 Transaction per upload
C – NAPs Single Debit, Multiple Credits – Maximum of 5,000 transactions per upload to other Banks.
D – IFT (UBA – UBA) – Maximum of 5,000 transactions per upload